Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A new Beginning after a very eventful 15 months

So, at the urging of many of my friends and family, I have FINALLY created a blog. It is also at the urging of my conscience that I finally have decided to let go of my analysis paralysis and go for it.

     I am a member of the Lap Band, lol. Meaning I took the leap to control my obesity December 3, 2009. With that  leap of faith, I took my happy (and quite rotund) ass all the way to Monterrey, Mexico and put my entire future in the hands of one Dr. Roberto Rumbaut.  Now, let me explain.  I didn't just Google Lap band Surgeons, look for the cheapest in Mexico, get on a plane, ride a burro and meet this surgeon in a cobble stoned back alley.  I only clarify based on the many facial expressions I encounter when I  tell people that this is the route I chose. I had been looking into some kind of bariatric surgery for nearly 10 years.  I had also been trying all sorts of non surgical ways to lose weight.  You name it, I at least tried it.  I didn't fail to lose weight.  I just failed to keep the lost weight from finding me again. So after many attempts and much research, I found Obesity Surgery Center.  The Dr.'s reputation was quite good, and I had followed quite a few of his previous patients.(they would post their journeys on a forum I belonged to at the time)
     I will periodically go back to the heart of this story throughout the life of this blog.  I would rather reminisce than try and document every change that has happened in this very short 15 months.  In a nutshell, things went perfectly (surgically speaking) and I have ROCKED this band.  I am down 196 pounds.  I feel fabulous....and if I believe what others tell me(and decide to believe my own eyes),  I look pretty spectacular too!
     I have started this blog in the hopes that my journey will help initiate yours. Or maybe you have your walking shoes on already and this blog inspires you to keep walking to your finish line.  However you  see fit to benefit, I am happy to be blogging my experiences.

     Many ask me "what do you eat?  What does a typical day look like for you?"   Once I figure out the blog world, I hope to enlighten all of you to this and more!  I urge you to stick by me as I learn to blog.  I have much to share and am really looking forward to this new process.

     Remember to love yourself no matter where you are in your life.  That is my "advice of the day"!

3 comments:

  1. GO GO GO GO GO GO GO ! Maybe I will do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done so much amazing work this last year. I can't wait to hear about how you feel about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed riding the roller coaster with yoU!!

    ReplyDelete